Ho Chi Minh city
The E&S Manager leads the implementation of the Climate-Focused Fund’s Environmental & Social Management System (ESMS) and broader Environmental and Social (E&S) policies. Working with the investment teams, they will ensure appropriate measures are in place to ensure regenerative agriculture and sustainable forestry projects are selected and managed to meet regulatory and internationally recognized E&S standards.
- We are looking for an Environmental and Social (E&S) manager for a new climate fund at Mekong Capital.
- With this Fund, you are cultivating a well-balanced, biodiverse ecosystem in the Mekong region via sustainable forestry and regenerative agriculture.
- You are fostering partnerships with local people and local companies with scalable impact models that provide nature-based solutions to address climate change.
- Along with the Fund, you are fulfilling United Nations Sustainable Development Goals including #2 Zero Hunger, #5 Gender equality, #12 Responsible Consumption and Production, #13 Climate Action, #15 Live on Land, and #17 Partnerships for the Goals.
- Lead the E&S due diligence process, including conducting due diligence for low and medium-risk investments and managing consultants for the due diligence of high-risk potential investments.
- Monitoring projects to ensure Portfolio Companies comply with E&S requirements during all stages of the Funds investments.
- Work with the Funds board representative(s) for each portfolio company to support strategic risk management and compliance.
- Compilation of E&S reports including the progress of the implementation of the ESMS, and annual E&S reports.
- Provide E&S training to team members on the E&S management system.
- Annually review and update the ESMS to respond to lessons learned over the year of implementation.
What you will need
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental management, agriculture, forestry, climate change, social, or other relevant disciplines.
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture and forestry certification programs (eg FSC, Rainforest Alliance, etc) is an advantage.
- Understanding of requirements for the implementation of IFC and/or World Bank Group standards.
2/ Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience working on E&S management in the international context, with a strong preference for experience in the private sector working on agriculture and forestry projects.
- Experience in E&S management of regenerative agriculture and sustainable forestry projects an advantage, preferably in the Asia Pacific region.
3/ A human with a mindset of healing Mother Earth:
- Highest standards of professional ethics, integrity and judgment with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters in a discreet and respectful manner. Diplomatic approach and calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust and relate well with a wide range of internal and external parties (including senior staff, management, local communities and clients) and develop solutions in potentially tense or conflicting situations.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate points of view within teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely on complex environmental and social issues in spoken and written form, in a manner that can be understood by non-experts.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to partner with business and technical colleagues, external consultants, and staff
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from sometimes limited data.
- English fluency is required (verbal and written). Skills in other languages of the Mekong region are an advantage
- Willingness to travel regularly across the Mekong region.