Ha Noi Office
Why Mekong Capital?
Founded in 2001, Mekong Capital is a Vietnam-focused Private Equity firm, specializing in consumer-driven businesses. Mekong Capitals’ investee companies are typically among the fastest-growing and market-leading companies in Vietnam’s consumer-driven sectors such as Mobile World, PNJ, Golden Gate, Pizza 4Ps, F88, Marou, etc.
- You may be excited to be an added value partner with our investee companies in realizing an unpredictable future. But…
- Only join us if you want to bring transformation, leadership, and purpose into the world of Private Equity. Why?
- Because we do NOT do Private Equity like everyone else.
- Mekong Capital added value Vision Driven Investing framework (VDI). It is NOT a set of best practices or solutions. It is NOT something that we can give or force onto a company.
- We are the best place for people with a passion for coaching or leadership, who are genuinely interested in transformation as a basis for consistently delivering breakthroughs in Private Equity.
- Use coaching conversations to help individuals discover and transform themselves, rather than providing solutions or knowledge.
- Passionate about leadership, coaching, and personal growth, and experience in helping others achieve their goals & and link them to successful business outcomes.
- Confident and outspoken, without self-limiting beliefs, and able to communicate effectively.
- Interested in business and eager to learn investment-related skills to drive business results.
- Share Mekong’s core values and be open to applying them in new ways.
- Prioritize the vision of investee companies and use our investment framework to support their success.
A. Investee Facing:
- Pipeline: Identify comparable companies and arrange meetings with Mekong Capital.
- Pre-appraisals and appraisals: Assist in preparing investment memos for informed decisions.
- Structuring, Implementing, and Completing an investment: Involved in projects for investment completion.
b. Post-Investment Value Creation Core accountability:
- Vision: Support the investee company’s vision and be organized around it.
- Vision Driven Investing: Ensure our investment framework principles are applied, propose actions, and address issues.
- KPIs and Optimal Pathway: Work with the team to achieve targets and identify areas for improvement.
- Complete communication: Maintain open communication, emphasizing the vision using our investment framework
c. Financial matters:
- Financial Management: Analyze financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Financial Models: Maintain and update financial models aligned with the vision.
- Exit: Handle exit-related projects.
- Divestment Proposal: Prepare high-quality divestment proposals.
e. Corporate Governance:
- Board of Directors: Assist with legal documents and attend board meetings if needed.
- Ensuring Compliance: Ensure compliance, address non-compliance incidents, and manage conflicts.
- Declaration of Dividends and other Corporate Actions: Coordinate dividend declarations and update financial models.
B. Internal Mekong Tasks:
- Quarterly Compliance Report
- Quarterly Performance Report: Create accurate performance reports for investee companies.
b. Document Maintenance: Securely store important documents.
c. Additional Tasks: Assist with presentations, quantitative analysis, and Sustainability/ESG projects.